Set Your TV on March 25, 2018 For Sunday Morning Weekend Today in Central NY on NBC 3
3/20/2018 12:00 PM
IS FACEBOOK STILL A GROWTH STOCK AND SHOULD IT STILL BE PURCHASED?
- Facebook has come under scrutiny because of the misuse of the company’s data.
- The return for FB over the last five years is almost 600% even with the recent pullback.
- Recently FB has had several problems including users reducing the time they spend on the site as well as a decline in active users.
- Facebook has had a meteoric rise and some slowdown should be anticipated.
- The stock is selling below its anticipated growth rate of 47%.
- Misuse of the data may result in fewer users and consequently lower revenues for ads; however this will probably be a short term event.
- Generally when a company has a significant crisis it is a buying opportunity. There are exceptions.
- Some investors may not want to purchase FB on moral grounds.