Set Your TV on February 24, 2019 For Sunday Morning Weekend Today in Central NY on NBC 3
2/19/2019 12:00 PM
Should Your Love Affair with Apple be Over?
- In 2018 Apple stated that it would no longer disclose how many iPhone or other products were sold when reporting earnings.
- Sales of the iPhone have steadily been declining and iPhone sales represent over 50% of the company’s earnings.
- Last year Apple lost 20% market share in China because of the current trade war.
- Warren Buffet cut his stake in Apple by nearly 3 million shares.
- Warren Buffet still owns over 249 million shares of Apple worth billions of dollars.
- Apple will be launching an internet video streaming service in 2019.
- Apple stock has declined by over 25% so it may present a good buying opportunity.
- As a company Apple is repositioning itself from focusing just on product sales to adding service revenues to its earning base. Service revenues grew by 19% year over year in 2018.